The IECEP was organized in 1950 by the group of pioneers in the field of Electronics and Communications in the country. They were, Dean Jose S. Alfonso, who served as the founding president of the organization, Mamerto Buenafe, Fred Carino, Ciriaco Coronel, Jose Grey, Alfredo Gella, Ariston Hulinga, Gonzalo Kamantigue, Albino Lara and Venancio Pineda.

IECEP was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission under the name of “Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines, Inc.” The organization still retains its acronym “IECEP.”